Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Nirvana/Kurt Cobain Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #1149 (permalink)
ShadowSurfer
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosions-in-my-pants
like i said he didn't know what he was getting into when he signed that big deal with them, if he did do you honestly think he would have signed it knowing it would some day drive him to the point of death?
Ya, I think he knew what he was getting into, because Kurt Cobain was not a stupid individual. He was not a dummy. He knew what he was doing when he signed with Geffen, he was inking a major label deal, something his punk rock ethics supposedly made him against. how against signing with a major was he?

not very - he signed the deal. he knew that made him a sell-out to his punk rocker freinds. They all thought he sucked for doing that, and he knew it.

He had no way of predicting the mania that erupted around them, but that was dying off by 1994, they were no longer as big as they were in 1991. It was waning and the band was actually broken up when Kurt died. Nirvana wasnt even a band anymore by march 1994. They begrudgingly finished their In Utero tour in 94, with lot sof cancellations. And Krist has confirmed the band split up after the tour, and Dave was already doing new material and planning a new band at the time.

when Kurt died, he wasnt in Nirvana. Nirvana was over. he was done.
ShadowSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote