Music Banter - View Single Post - Musical Facts and Lore
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #75 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
I agree - and cool story about encountering Nirvana, Psy-Fi! Was Kurt still in the wheelchair and wearing the hospital gown, by chance?

Marie, you may appreciate (and probably already know) that the errant tampon was thrown back at the stage and landed on one of Nick Cave's band's speaker cabinets, remaining there during Cave's entire set.
I heard the hospital gown was given to a fan by Courtney Love after Kurt's death. Probably a big $ collector's item by now. I wonder if anyone still has the wheelchair?

Accidentally meeting the tampon-tosser a few days later, was also an unexpected surprise. I was in Bayswater, washing some clothes at a launderette, and went into a nearby corner shop to get a newspaper to read while my clothes were being cleaned. I paid for my paper, turned to leave, and came face to face with Donita Sparks and Suzi Gardner. They asked the clerk if he had the latest issue of "Lime Lizard" for sale and he told them "no." I told them that there was a newsagent across the street and around the corner which had just about any newspaper or magazine available and if anyone would have it he would. I walked out of the shop with them and showed them where the newsagent was located and they thanked me and headed over there while I went back to retrieve my laundry.

A couple of hours later, I went over to that same newsagent to satisfy my curiosity about "Lime Lizard" (which I assumed was a music magazine), found the latest issue on the shelf and saw Donita Sparks, Suzi Gardner, Jennifer Finch, and Demetra Plakas on the cover. I ended up buying the copy and still have it in my music collection.

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote