Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 11:00 AM   #62 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Call me a pessimist but I have faith in the American people- that we will screw it up yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
But also, as you say, it's working to Dems advantage for as long as the investigation is in the news. Drip by drip, it's driving home the message; this was a coup to overthrow the results of an election and disrupt the peaceful transition of power.
With the average American having the attention span of a housefly, I wouldn't count on it.

Quote:
Trump & Biden both have age working against them, and my suspicion is that Trump would prefer to be "kingmaker" in Mar-a-lago than actual President. For a guy who likes golf and cable tv, I bet in many ways he's glad to be out of the Oval Office with all its tedious responsibilities.
Nah, his ego won't let him stay at Mar-a-Lago. He will run again, and he'll likely be elected again, because, again, the average American has the attention span...

Quote:
I'm hoping you're wrong with your prediction of the infrastructure bills failing.
I'm afraid they already have. Two Democrats who aren't really Democrats have already said no to much of the bills. With our luck, we'll be lucky to fix the cities' potholes.

Quote:
Certainly, that will spell disaster for the Dems, as will the voter suppression issues if they don't do something to counteract what the GOP is currently doing state by state to skew or overturn election results. As if two ways of catastrophic failure weren't enough, the Biden admin also needs to show some progress on the economic recovery if they want to be invited back next term.
We can overcome the voter suppression issues if enough people come out to vote. They might have to be a little more vocal as well. I still think the deciding issue will be if they get the Covid crisis under control. I think the economy will take care of itself but people are only going to wear masks for so long.

Quote:
A prediction of yours that I'm happier with: AOC for President! That would be something to see!
Not a chance. Not only is she way too easy to demonize, she refuses to compromise even with mainstream liberals and her politics makes Bernie Sanders look like a Reaganite.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote