Music Banter - View Single Post - Basic Newbie
Thread: Basic Newbie
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Avante
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I got into electric blues after listening the British groups of the mid-sixties (Rolling Stones, Yardbirds, etc). Have to admit I don't have your knowledge of the early blues artists (limited to Son House, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Memphis Minnie, a few others). Anyway, hope to hear some good acoustic blues.

I noticed you missed Robert Johnson. How do you rate him?
Your story like mine, ya came to them blues listening to white rockers.

Robert Johnson would had to have been made up if he hadn't been real. There it is, that wandering cat playing his music from town to town, the wimmen, the whiskey, them crossroads (stold from fellow Delta player Tommy Johnson) those amazing hands and fingers.

He is without question DA MAN when it comes to prewar blues, His 1936 Texas recordings simply on a whole other level, a must have, without them ya don't know them blues.

Broke my heart finding out a second take of Traveling Risverside Blues was discovered and I did't have it, yep...weep n' moan, but......found on on that Sorcose blues tribute CD of his music.

As we know....Eric Clapton, Peter Green, Johnny Winter, The Stones, Keb Mo, Led Zeppelin, etc have all covered Robert's stuff, who can blame them?

John Hammond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6...el=ZycopolisTV

Ha....a cover of a cover, son belonging to Son House

Last edited by Avante; 11-10-2021 at 03:00 PM.
Avante is offline   Reply With Quote