Music Banter - View Single Post - Will Biden be another one term president?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 09:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
You sound like we should be acting like one of those banana republics. Punishing the other side for being the other side has only resulted in revenge wars upon revenge wars. Yes, those involved in the insurrection should be brought to justice, but we also need to show mercy. Yes, the high profile offenders should do some real time, hopefully with some of the people they despise the most, but maybe the average dupe who got drawn into the mess should get a break. Maybe I'm being naive, but, maybe if we can all realize none of us are inherently evil (well, most of us, anyway), we can find a way to the light at the end of the tunnel.

I mean there has to be a reason why Martin Luther King prevailed in history and Adolf Hitler didn't, right?
I vehemently do not agree. Yes you can have moderation but the time comes when you need to bring the hammer down. All this wishy-washy "on your way don't be a bad boy/girl again" is bull****. So what's the lesson learned? Take up arms, break into a center of government and try to depose the lawfully elected administration and... what? We'll ask you to think about being more respectful next time? Banana republic or not, there's a lot to be said for a show of force and a don't **** with us attitude when you come up against blank hatred and mindless, continuing violence like this. What was it Gandalf said? "The burned hand teaches best. After that, advice about fire goes to the heart." Think this would be the reaction in Russia?