Music Banter - View Single Post - The Divided States of America - where now?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Well, first of all, a second civil war will actually have to break out. The consensus in the news is that we are in for a period of a lot of civil unrest, riots, etc. but no actual war. I think it all depends on whether the military will take sides or if they'll also spilt into factions (considering the racial makeup, more likely the latter).

As far as the Europeans, and I mentioned this earlier, I would not trust America right now, even and especially with NATO. You really can't predict how were going to vote even if we had an even playing field. As noted in my rather long diatribe, our divisiveness didn't happen overnight. It's been brewing for a long time. The best I can tell you is to protect yourselves the best you can. I think your bigger problem will more likely be Putin as I suspect we'll become more isolationist from a global standpoint.

Could other nations be involved? Well, maybe, but I don't see that boding well whatever side (and I assume it will be on the anti-Trump side) it takes. Don't forget we still have the nuclear weapons and I don't see a fascist America being afraid to use them, foolish as it may be.

Last edited by rubber soul; 12-15-2021 at 10:16 AM.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote