Music Banter - View Single Post - Will Biden be another one term president?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 06:55 AM   #82 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Also lol at the idea the Democrats will save you. Their hands are tied. That's practically their motto. I'm sure they'll get around to saving democracy sometime soon lol
Their hands are tied because American voters nationwide have not given them enough of a mandate. With Manchin's intransigence about the filibuster rule, a 50/50 senate is only nominally a Dem majority. Enough for them to be blamed for everything, not enough for them to do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Why would they solve problems they can fundraise off of?
They have plenty of motives for solving problems:-

i) they understand the causes of the upcoming environmental catastrophe
ii) they have made public commitments to tackle the pandemic and other social probs
iii) if they don't defend the democratic process they will never be in power again.

Some of their approaches are cosmetic rather than structural - superficial adjustments rather than radical change, but that's because of the comment I made to jwb: insufficient mandate from the American voter. It's like some Americans are clamouring for the Dems to put out a fire, but have only given them one bucket of water to do it with.