Music Banter - View Single Post - Lennon-McCartney vs Waters-Gilmour vs Page-Plant
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 05:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Yes, r-s, I'd definitely say that Jagger-Richards would have been a good choice for comparison with Len-Mac - and although they weren't part of a rock group, Goffin-King were very much competitors of The Beatles too. From 1961, the two songwriting teams were both fighting for space in the pop charts: same years, same genre, which is not quite the case with the P Floyd and Led Zep teams.

Here's a list of songs to make my case, and to remind some of us of just how many classic hits Goffin-King wrote together:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Gerry_Goffin

Something I learnt from the list: when the Byrds sang "Wasn't Born To Follow", they were indeed following - they were following G-K's words and music.

@ Eleanor: This is a great thread because it's got people talking about music. Don't feel bad if people are grumbling about your poll; that's the kind of stuff we love to do on MB.