Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 06:44 PM   #23402 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
If you believe in phrenology you need your head examined.

oxymoron

And did not explain to us plebs what essentialism - which I have never heard of before now - actually is. Despite being asked to.

Or that you're gay. And have very low standards.

You're exactly right. It will turn into "degrees of whiteness", with some arbitrary criteria used to determine who is "really white", perhaps those with blue eyes and, I don't know, blonde hair?

Also have you seen this?

American Nazis in Florida
Racial essentialism is basically that races have characteristics that are inherent and cannot be changed. Someone who was a racial essentialist would point to average IQ scores to show that black people are naturally dumber than white people because of their genes, whereas someone disagreeing with them would say that those differences were because of socio-political factors like wealth disparity leading to a difference in education levels, among other things.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote