Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 08:19 PM   #10926 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. Would you rather live entirely alone, with every possible luxury and comfort man or woman can have, all the financial security you could ever want, but absolutely no contact whatever with another human being even for a second, or live as you are now?

In the last ten years or so I've realised how important it is to have any sort of human contact. The lack of it (I use it for you guys in the broadest possible terms, of course) made me come back here when I had intended to stay away, so no; you can't give me enough money or luxury to take away all human contact.

2. What sort of headphones do you use?

Just bought a pair of OneOdio over the ear ones, which are wireless but can also be connected via cable, which I wanted. Bought them a week ago or so, therefore, as you might imagine (and you'd be right) they're still in the box! I also have a wireless pair of Energy Sistem over the ear ones. They're blue.

3. If you had faith, when, if ever, did you lose it and why?

I was never big into religion, but I think if I lost the little faith I had it was when my mam started to recover from the cancer, then relapsed and died. Not cool, God! Not cool at all. Oh wait: you don't exist. Well.

4. If you had to choose between being blind, deaf or dumb, which would you pick?

Dumb, cos I already am. Nah, I need my hearing to be able to enjoy music and I need my sight so I can write and read, but if I was dumb I could see to write things down and could hear whether people understood me.

5. How are your sea legs (i.e., do you get seasick easily or are you a born sailor, or something in between)?

Terrible. I haven't been to sea in about forty years, but whenever I did I felt really sick (never got sick). Though then again, I was fine on the Shannon cruise...

6. What is your take on cryptocurrency?

Don't understand it, don't want to. It's never going to be a thing no matter how much Musk pushes it. The fact that the value of a bitcoin can apparently fluctuate wildly from day to day, even hour to hour, makes it hard, even impossible to see how it could ever become a viable currency. And not everyone has a computer and access to the internet. So there.