Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 06:13 AM   #11188 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. If your food is late/wrong in a restaurant, do you make a fuss, and is your decision affected by who you’re with, if anyone?

I suppose if I was with someone, an opposite person of the contradictory gender, I might try to impress by making something of a fuss, but in reality no. I suppose it might depend on whether it was my meal or hers that was the issue. If hers, then yeah, I'd probably be the big man. But I'm not a big man. I'm a small, petty man in many ways. Almost all of them. I'd just sit there and shut up. We Irish have a saying, "Ah sure it will do." It would do.

2.What was your first ever modem?

2400 BAUD. No idea what make. PACE maybe. It was grey or white. I thought I had arrived when I paid to have two telephone lines into the house, so I had a dedicated one on which to surf the internet. Sometimes I forgot to disconnect and went off to work the next day. The phone bills were staggering. You people don't understand any of this, do you? Well, maybe ISB.

3. You find a credit card on the street. Nobody is around. What do you do?

I'd find a way to contact the owner or bank, advertise or at worst hand it in to the local cop shop. I've been the victim of credit card fraud no less than three times; I know what it's like and I would not wish it on anyone, much less perpetrate it.

4. What’s the most precious thing you ever lost, whether that be in terms of actual monetary value, sentimental value or the amount of work put into it, or its uniqueness?

Probably a book I was writing on Babylon 5 which accidentally got deleted from my computer.

5. How often do you virus check your computer?

Nowhere near as often as I should, in fact, only when it seems like I might have a virus.

6. Would you rather have central heating, a gas fire, an electric fire or a real coal fire?

I love the coziness of a coal fire, the whole idea of it, but after years of maintaining, setting, cleaning out one, the horror of getting coal out of a stringy bag in the dark, the idea of coming home to a cold house because nobody has bothered to set the fire or clean it out, I'll go central heating every time. Comfort, speed and convenience, and heat all over the house when required, as well as hot water.