Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 08:49 AM   #950 (permalink)
music_collector
Music Addict

I'll take a Mom & Pop place over one of those every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. The smells, the warmth, the owners being really nice most of the time, can't beat that. It reminds me of an ice cream joint in a neighbouring city. It's locally run. Walking in, you're punched in the face with the smell of cinnamon, as they make their own waffle cones. There is NO way I'd want to go to Dairy Queen after experiencing that!

Conservation is frowned upon in my city. Take water for example. We have a lovely river here that supplies our drinking water. Every second summer or so, the city tells the citizens to conserve water. Water levels are low! The next summer, they jack up our water bills because we didn't use enough water. The cycle continues. We're told our rates went up to upgrade the sewers, yet each time it rains, sewage gets dumped into the river. Somehow, I don't think the city is upgrading the sewers like they said they'd do.

Government buildings, standing nearly empty for over two years, have all kinds of lights on all the time.
music_collector is offline   Reply With Quote