Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2022, 05:16 AM   #11318 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Important(ish) announcement!

It seems to me that I've been doing this for a year or more, and indeed I have. Looking back, I see I took this over in February of 2021, so that makes, by my calculations, almost a year and half I've been running this. It's becoming increasingly difficult to come up with new questions, and frankly the pressure to do so has made this more of a chore to me, and you know what they say: when you no longer enjoy it, stop.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my retirement from setting the Saturday Six-Pack. I know some of you have probably relied on me to be there with the questions, and again my rough calculations tell me I've set over 400 - some quiz books don't have that many! But now it's time for me to pass the torch, as it were. Someone else can take it over, or you can take turns, or let it die, whatever. I have enjoyed it but I have to say I'm done now. I've just got too much else going on to keep working on this every week. I think, I hope, I've provided good service over the time I've been doing this, and that you'll all understand. If not, feel free to **** off.

As my parting gift, have a double on me.

1. What's one thing you hate about summer?

2. What was the last thing you physically mailed?

3. On balance, do you prefer traditional petrol/diesel cars, hybrid or electric?

4. How would you characterise the health system in your country/state?

5. Somewhat similar to a question asked a few weeks ago, but with a twist: If YOU were ruling a country, or in charge of one, would you be a benevolent or an oppressive leader?

6. What was your first ever pet?

7. Spearmint, peppermint or no mint?

8. Name one food item which is no longer available that you would love to see back again?

9. If you're old enough to remember, what precautions, if any, did you take for Y2K?

10. How do you store your music, generally and if you like, historically too?

11. Someone gives you a gun. You will not be let go alive unless you shoot one person. There will be absolutely no legal or criminal comeback. Once you shoot your target you will be free, legally and in reality. Who do you choose (can be anyone, as long as they're still alive), or do you refuse and take the consequences?

And finally, before I bow out,

12. If you can remember, what was your first post on Music Banter?

That's it folks! Handing over to the next generation. You know how it is: people to do, things to see; too much time, too little to do, or something.
See ya some other time!