Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 02:19 AM   #23649 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
What are you some kinda dumb bitch? These libs ain't gonna do any of that ****. But...
I know they won't. My point though it's that move honestly doesn't really work in my mind for anyone other than a genuine autocrat. It's not just a problem of the Dems being too sheepish in this case... I think the method you are describing basically presumes giving up on democracy and seizing control.

Quote:
1. You seem to think people will unite to fight against authoritarianism even though your entire political beliefs are about the opposite.
I don't assume people will unite no. I think they will continue to polarize and entrench in their respective sides, and if the tensions get high enough then the chance for violence and destabilization becomes higher. I don't know exactly how far this specific scenario would go but to me it seems very likely to lead to something like this or at least to run a significant risk to. I think the fact that people were willing to coup over some rumors about the election being faked gives us a pretty clear indication of how provocative it would be to blatantly arrest the opposition on trumped up charges.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote