Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 09:27 AM   #11573 (permalink)
jadis
Music Addict

1. The moment (a song, a video, an event) you knew you were out of touch with pop culture cause you've grown old. Like what The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show would be to you if you were a Sinatra guy born in 1927, that kind of thing.

Whatever was the first Iggy Azelia video I saw. Made me utterly confused while also horny which I think is the ultimate dad response.

I like some songs by Billie Eilish btw. I guess by the time she broke out I no longer had any illusions of being au courant with whatever the youngs are into

2. Have you ever met a Fall fan IRL? What was the weirdest thing about them?

I have a good one. In a class I was TAing ages ago there was a kid who grew up in Britain and spoke English with a northern accent. Obsessed with the Fall, to a lesser degree Morrissey, and Man United, very intense guy. He was gay and turned out he had little time for women in general: when Sonic Youth broke up he went on a twitter rant about how Kim isn’t the talented one and it’s all about Thurston. I think he wanted to go to Paris and be an artist or whatever but I lost sight of him. A very intense, opinionated and unpleasant guy, just like Fall fans should be imo.

Need I say who was his least favorite member of the Fall?

3. A famous person you find unfortunate-looking. Who you think looks like dog$hit

Whenever I want to $hit on some Montreal neighborhood I say "they really like Celine Dion over there, they find her a great artist and a beautiful woman"

4. Favorite soccerball player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPwv...DoseOfFootball

5. If you could live for a year in a country you have never visited and don't speak the language... In other words, which country you vibe with purely based on your fantasy of what it's like

Mine is close to Marie's (btw Karlsson-on-the-Roof was my favorite children's book too, it was huge in the USSR): Finland. I love the north and they're the quirkiest of the bunch. For Russians it's kind of a liminal space between Russia and the West but stranger and less knowable than either, despite clear similarities in architecture (during the Cold War they filmed spy films in Helsinki as a stand-in for Moscow).

6. Favorite Trump tweet (take your pick)

Right now it's between these two

jadis is offline   Reply With Quote