Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 12:37 PM   #81572 (permalink)
Mucha na Dziko
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
These culture war backlashes are really common and imo a lot of it is manufactured for content.
This is partly true, as in certain topics or events are getting more attention than they should.
But the fact stands that there is a big social problem related to people wanting to come out and live their lives in peace and people who are for whatever reason extremely against what the other group simply is.

I mean, I don't know how it works in the US, but in Poland if you're a politician who openly supports LGBT community in any way, or even acknowledge their existence, you probably won't get elected or you'll have 3 seats in the parliament.

On the other hand, if you're a right wing nationalist and spout nonsense like "LGBT are not people, it's an ideology" (the current president said that during his last campaign) you'll get a standing ovation from at least half of the population.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I don't doubt crazy people will latch on to it and commit random acts of violence sporadically.
But it does actually happen. It's not like there is no violence against LGBT people based on the fact they're LGBT.
Mucha na Dziko is offline   Reply With Quote