Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 08:31 PM   #81577 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Maybe all genocide is preceded by some type of moral panic, but the vast majority of moral panic doesn't lead to anything approaching genocide.

So it's fine to cite a moral panic as a threat to a group but it's important to note that threat can fall way short of genocide. A moral panic in and of itself obviously isn't enough to say there's warnings of genocide in my book.

It seems to me you are appealing to a vague doomerish sense of impending instability which could lead to xyz.... I can see an equally plausible case for impending genocide against jews, (hispanic) immigrants, black people, etc... all with mass shootings and crazy rhetoric to back them up.
Yeah you're agreeing with me your framing is just dismissive. And the level of targeted rhetoric against other groups isn't currently at the same level. Nobody's looking at a mass shooting of black people and saying well as long as black people are showing their underwear there's going to be violence.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote