Music Banter - View Single Post - R.E.M. - Opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 09:57 AM   #182 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Thanks, rs. Good to have a name to put to the jangly guitarist, who is contributing so much to the REM sound: the "wanna-be Byrds" guy of elphenor's description, I suppose.

Yes, I will definitely take your advice and move on to Murmur next because I am well pleased with this Chronic Town recommendation. I also notice that most people here seem to favour early REM. Perhaps REM follow the arc of many bands: bold, innovative sound at the start of their careers, then getting soft, self-indulgent or over-complicated furthur down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
Looking back through this thread, I saw ancient posts from a version of me in 11th grade, asking others for their input on what albums I should buy for $8. Man, time flies.
^ 11th grade!! We should have been talking about you in that "Is it creepy...?" thread about young posters. I hope MB treated you appropriately when you first came here. Is that old post identified as SGR, or did you have a chrysalis under a different name, before breaking out into the butterfly that is SGR?