Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Music genre and influences
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Probably house music - or if I wanted to be more broad, electronic music a whole.

Probably because more than anything else in music, I like when it aids me and others in having a great time. There is a collective effervescence when you're seeing a live house set and dancing with others and just letting the music guide your emotions and feelings. I've been to many different concerts - rock concerts, rap concerts, blue concerts, folk concerts, etc just don't hit the same way.

Over the past few years, I learned how to DJ myself - and the ability to weave tracks together, layer vocal tracks over different instrumental tracks, melt vocal accompaniments together, etc is a somewhat treasured creative mode of expression or myself, since I'm not particularly talented at any traditional instruments. House is an iterative genre - and its tendencies to sample other tracks from different spaces, remix tracks old and new, and constantly sprinkle music you know and show you that music in a different light has always been fascinating to me.

I love a lot of different genres of music though, for different reasons. I'm not always in the mood for house, despite how much I love it.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote