Music Banter - View Single Post - Donald Trump Has Been Indicted
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 09:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
So you really think that after Russiagate, after the findings of the Durham report, after it's been revealed that the US intelligence operatives lied about Hunter Biden's laptop being "Russian disinformation" (resulting in censorship of the subject matter in social media), in the leadup to an election, and after two impeachments that what we're seeing here is just: "No one is above the law"?

Sorry Lisna, I think we're watching different movies. The amount of corrupt crooks and criminals in the United States government (we could just use the warmongers who lied us into Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of civilians as a starting point), and Trump is being pursued for mishandling classified documents? I'm totally fine with someone believing this case is weak or trivial, but being in full support of it regardless and hoping the heaviest hammer comes down because they hate Trump, but to pretend that it isn't politically motivated and is completely and totally unbiased is pretty short-sighted.

Perhaps Trump can use the Hillary Clinton/James Comey "lack of criminal intent in mishandling classified information" defense?
Yeah I don't think this case is actually weak or trivial even if I do think they wouldn't go this hard on someone other than Trump, but with the transcripts of him being like "Hey man look at these classified documents you shouldn't be looking at, which I totally didn't declassify, isn't it crazy?" I don't think anyone but Trump would be stupid enough to provide such clear evidence of malfeasance, so he's absolutely brought this on himself in a way that would kind of require a legal answer. Afaik there isn't evidence of him using the documents to sell to outside powers but he clearly was at least using classified documents to impress random people in a way that is highly illegal because he's a moron.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote