Music Banter - View Single Post - Controversy
Thread: Controversy
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 08:41 AM   #173 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.DGAF
Who's joking?

But I will stop, I can understand your sentiments. But don't belittle the wars I and too many others like me fight on behalf of my country and the principles that you and I both live by. Whether you'll admit it or not you live with the same values I do and when somebody out there is denied their rights to even choose such values it pisses you off just as much as me.
listen , i think it's fucked that you're in the army, but let's not fool ourselves by saying that you're fighting for some greater principle ( or that you're fighting in general, unless you forgot to mention that you're posting from Iraq ). 99% of america's wars were far from noble, they're run by political interests and there's nothing noble about that.

the difference between croatia's war for independance was that we were attacked and we were DEFENDING ourselves. if there's one thing in this world that i'm extra sensitive about it's that war. and by throwing statements like "you only won it thanks to the UN" you're showing great disrespect to the thousands of croatian men and women who have lost their lives fighting for our freedom ( the presence of the UN only slowed down our efforts and in certain cases, they were even helping the other side...which is why your statement pissed me off so much ).

my heart goes out to those americans who have died in Iraq, and to those still fighting there. but there is nothing anyone can say that will make me believe that war was justified, or that their deaths were necessary to protect the freedom of millions of americans.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote