Music Banter - View Single Post - Prez and Tech
Thread: Prez and Tech
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 01:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
sikoholickkouboi
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
I really could not see Technique being an anti-*** activist. He uses ***got or homo in the same way that someone would use bitch or dumbass. It is so common in English that people use those words that they have really lost any anti-homosexual meaning. Maybe I haven't been listening to the right songs to hear all this anti-*** jargon. He does say *** or homo, the main songs of his that I am addicted to right now are Cause of Death, Creation and Destruction, Interally Bleeding, Obnoxious, Crossing The Boundary.

I love Immortal Technique and think his is right on target in the majority of his songs. Cause of Death has to be one of the greatest songs I have ever heard, or at least ones that push a political agenda. All of his music is so much better than his contemporaries as far as his ability to articulate his feelings. Rage Against the machine or any of these other political bands don't hold a candle to Technique.
I don't mind the words "f@g", "bitch", or whatever. They're just words. I guess I'm just annoyed that people call this guy the "savior" of hip-hop, almost. I was hoping that designation would go to someone who would be willing to do what Kanye did (not that I'm exactly his biggest fan), and attack homophobia in rap music. I don't mind that people hate, but the most violent types are usually the most ill-informed and ignorant ones, in regards to what they passionately "hate". And the most loud and aggressive "I hate f@g thugs" are the ones who don't mind 2 gals. Someone needs to slap and address this kind of "thug" tude problem, ignorance and these people. Hate it. Fine. Just be able to talk about it, without looking stupid, or shut up going overboard about the anti-g@y sh!t.
sikoholickkouboi is offline   Reply With Quote