Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #1299 (permalink)
draxus
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
I hope you didn't actual think that this was a reasonable explanation.
Lets look at a few things, shall we?

1. Sure, evolution IS just a theory, you are correct. Just like continental drift, electricity, gravity, relativity, and atoms are all theories. A scientific theory is a conclusion reached through fact. It would not have the official title as a theory, if there was not overwhelming evidence to support it.

2. You think the only thing that backs up evolution is the fact that we look like apes? I hope you're kidding, surely you are smarter than that. What about the fact that our amino protien codes are more similar to each other than to any other organism? What about the fact that scientist have skeletons that show the progression of the human from ape (essentially) to man? Is all this irrelevant? I hope you didn't think that was a valid point. Next.

3. The bible was written by men. The bible was not written by god. Not only that, but the bible is biased, and full of bullsh*t. Do you take the bible literally?

4. You say creationism has a book of facts. I assume you mean the bible. Let's take a look at some 'facts' from the bible:
-A man was swalloed by a whale, but escaped.
-An entire human was made from the rib-bone of another human
-Two of every species of animal in the world, were piled onto a boat built by a single man

If I were to say any of those things today, I would be put in an institution.
Also, while you say that creationism has a book of facts, all evolution has is a monkey. Another point on which you are grossly ignorant. I'm pretty sure, actually I'm postive that The Origin Of Species is a book, written by Charles Darwin in 1854. Not only was this book written over 1700 years after the bible (during which science came LONG way) it is based on 5 years of field research on the Galopagos Islands. It is also now the primary scientific explanation for the evolution of species. Check your facts before you make yourself look like an idiot. Too late.
Okay first of all, how is electricity a theory, its been proven, and so has the atom, and gravity, are you saying that their theories b/c you cant see them? I believe evolution to a certain extent, i believe that we are always changing, not evolving. I dont believe that we evolved from a fish, then to an ape then to where we are today. Evolution has not been proven, it has evidence to support it, some of the scientific reasons seem logical. pretty much every hypothesis has evidence to back it up, but not enough to make it true. Creationsm doesnt have scientiic facts, its just what people belive in, that a higher being made all this.