Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #1291 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Stone Magnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Stone, check your science. The Universe is expanding, the evidence is pretty conclusive.
It's no more than a theory amongst many others. To say that the evidence of the universe expanding is conclusive and then say that gravity is a mere theory is a bit nonsensical. The evidence of gravity existing is much more conclusive than the so-called evidence of the universe expanding. I'm not saying gravity does exist, nor am I conjecting that the universe is not expanding, I'm just eluciding the fact that these are all theories.
__________________
Lock to field screen, row the ocean onto sentient ground.
New rites of a Vedic sun to attend the blue horizon.
Prevails flight resplendent, sails the shrine effulgent windship.
Stillness breathes apex supreme - I walk toward the mountain.

Crowns the sovereic rite to freedom.
Shored the origin forms to a ground accede.
Axiom core of the light shrine flight to shining.
Glows serene to attenuate the space and time.
Stone Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #1292 (permalink)
My home? Discabled,
 
Barnard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 203
Default

Only because nothing is ever more than a theory.
__________________


Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #1293 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Talking about spirituality & beliefs doesn`t require 'thinking logically'.

There is no right or wrong answer to this because the fact is nobody knows which is true. Yes there`s evidence to the big bang but that just explains what happened to make the universe the way it is now. It doesn`t say why it exists in the first place.Again evolution just describes the way life works on earth no why it`s here in the first place.

You can still be a creationist & think the big bang happened. Creationism is not JUST linked to the Christian bible. creationism means believing life was created by a superior being or entity.And if i`m totally honest I think thats just a valid opinion as anything that science can prove.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #1294 (permalink)
Shadow on the wall
 
Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draxus
The point is is that Creationism has a book of facts and Evolution has a monkey.
So where is this wonderful "book of facts"? Huh?
__________________
Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:53 PM   #1295 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Stone Magnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Only because nothing is ever more than a theory.
You could say that, but either way, this is plainly not a situation in which theories should be articulated as facts.
__________________
Lock to field screen, row the ocean onto sentient ground.
New rites of a Vedic sun to attend the blue horizon.
Prevails flight resplendent, sails the shrine effulgent windship.
Stillness breathes apex supreme - I walk toward the mountain.

Crowns the sovereic rite to freedom.
Shored the origin forms to a ground accede.
Axiom core of the light shrine flight to shining.
Glows serene to attenuate the space and time.
Stone Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #1296 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
draxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canton, Georgia
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseman
So where is this wonderful "book of facts"? Huh?
....are you serious.... the bible..
__________________
Is'nt Here Just there With a T in front of it? So therefore, i am not here, ponder that for a moment.
draxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #1297 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draxus
i believe in creationism, evolution is just a theory, no ones been able to prove it, they just give evidence to support it. So what we look similar to apes, we are in the same family as apes, just like a lion is in the same family as a cat. Where did the bible come from, someone had to write it. The big bang hasnt been proven either, no one saw it, so they dont have an explanation. Creationism has a book, the big bang was just a bunch of scientist sitting around trying to think of different reasons to explain why we are here, The point is is that Creationism has a book of facts and Evolution has a monkey.
I hope you didn't actual think that this was a reasonable explanation.
Lets look at a few things, shall we?

1. Sure, evolution IS just a theory, you are correct. Just like continental drift, electricity, gravity, relativity, and atoms are all theories. A scientific theory is a conclusion reached through fact. It would not have the official title as a theory, if there was not overwhelming evidence to support it.

2. You think the only thing that backs up evolution is the fact that we look like apes? I hope you're kidding, surely you are smarter than that. What about the fact that our amino protien codes are more similar to each other than to any other organism? What about the fact that scientist have skeletons that show the progression of the human from ape (essentially) to man? Is all this irrelevant? I hope you didn't think that was a valid point. Next.

3. The bible was written by men. The bible was not written by god. Not only that, but the bible is biased, and full of bullsh*t. Do you take the bible literally?

4. You say creationism has a book of facts. I assume you mean the bible. Let's take a look at some 'facts' from the bible:
-A man was swalloed by a whale, but escaped.
-An entire human was made from the rib-bone of another human
-Two of every species of animal in the world, were piled onto a boat built by a single man

If I were to say any of those things today, I would be put in an institution.
Also, while you say that creationism has a book of facts, all evolution has is a monkey. Another point on which you are grossly ignorant. I'm pretty sure, actually I'm postive that The Origin Of Species is a book, written by Charles Darwin in 1854. Not only was this book written over 1700 years after the bible (during which science came LONG way) it is based on 5 years of field research on the Galopagos Islands. It is also now the primary scientific explanation for the evolution of species. Check your facts before you make yourself look like an idiot. Too late.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #1298 (permalink)
Shadow on the wall
 
Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by draxus
....are you serious.... the bible..
The question should be are YOU serious? You must be mind numbingly delirious to even think that work of bollocks is anywhere close to fact.

Encyclopedias are fact, not the bible..........Understand?
__________________
Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #1299 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
draxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canton, Georgia
Posts: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
I hope you didn't actual think that this was a reasonable explanation.
Lets look at a few things, shall we?

1. Sure, evolution IS just a theory, you are correct. Just like continental drift, electricity, gravity, relativity, and atoms are all theories. A scientific theory is a conclusion reached through fact. It would not have the official title as a theory, if there was not overwhelming evidence to support it.

2. You think the only thing that backs up evolution is the fact that we look like apes? I hope you're kidding, surely you are smarter than that. What about the fact that our amino protien codes are more similar to each other than to any other organism? What about the fact that scientist have skeletons that show the progression of the human from ape (essentially) to man? Is all this irrelevant? I hope you didn't think that was a valid point. Next.

3. The bible was written by men. The bible was not written by god. Not only that, but the bible is biased, and full of bullsh*t. Do you take the bible literally?

4. You say creationism has a book of facts. I assume you mean the bible. Let's take a look at some 'facts' from the bible:
-A man was swalloed by a whale, but escaped.
-An entire human was made from the rib-bone of another human
-Two of every species of animal in the world, were piled onto a boat built by a single man

If I were to say any of those things today, I would be put in an institution.
Also, while you say that creationism has a book of facts, all evolution has is a monkey. Another point on which you are grossly ignorant. I'm pretty sure, actually I'm postive that The Origin Of Species is a book, written by Charles Darwin in 1854. Not only was this book written over 1700 years after the bible (during which science came LONG way) it is based on 5 years of field research on the Galopagos Islands. It is also now the primary scientific explanation for the evolution of species. Check your facts before you make yourself look like an idiot. Too late.
Okay first of all, how is electricity a theory, its been proven, and so has the atom, and gravity, are you saying that their theories b/c you cant see them? I believe evolution to a certain extent, i believe that we are always changing, not evolving. I dont believe that we evolved from a fish, then to an ape then to where we are today. Evolution has not been proven, it has evidence to support it, some of the scientific reasons seem logical. pretty much every hypothesis has evidence to back it up, but not enough to make it true. Creationsm doesnt have scientiic facts, its just what people belive in, that a higher being made all this.
__________________
Is'nt Here Just there With a T in front of it? So therefore, i am not here, ponder that for a moment.
draxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:18 PM   #1300 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Nothing is refered to as scientific fact.
They are called theories.

Electricity is a theoretical construct involving electrons which are tiny units of charged mass that no one has ever seen. They are theories. The idea that the earth orbits the sun, is a theory. Relativity, is a theory. You, however know nothing about science.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.