Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #1311 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Hiu, if the Bible is the Greatest Book ever made, then Dan Brown is also the greatest author everinever. And that ain't happenin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
Theory is more or less a word for those who like to sit on the fence and ignore probable reason.

Theory is also what we use when we make it clear that we're open to alternatives, should one more fitting appear. Gravity is not a fact. The affects of gravity are scientific law, but the theory (that this is caused by the Earths magnetic pull) is a theory and only proven to an extent. There could be a million people living in the Earth, constantly sucking in, which creates the affect of gravity. Who knows? I haven't seen them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Magnet
Yeah, I agree, to an extent. Saying that particular things (such as gravity) are 'just theories' can be rather ridiculous.
But also rather true. The point we're making is that you can't degrade something because "it's just a theory", because everything else in science is as well.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote