Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #1339 (permalink)
bungalow
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdfasthope
seriously, i'm speachless. Where do you get educated? EVOLUTION IS NOT PROVEN. IT IS NOT FACT. IT IS A THOERY WITH MANY HOLES. IT IS NOT FACT.

far out, it is impossible to debate with someone, when they cant admit what is blatantly obvious. Go ask any credible scientist if evolution is proven fact. My god, people, i now remember why i left these boards.
Leave them again, please.
You tell us it is blatantly obvious that evolution is not proven fact?

Let me quote National Geographic November 2004, written by David Quammen: Was Darwin Wrong?

Quote:
Was Darwin Wrong?

No, the evidence for evolution is overwhelming.
Evolution by Natural Selection, as outlined by Charles Darwin, is a theory. It is a theory about the origin of adaptation, complexity, and diversity among earth's creatures. If you are skeptical by nature, unfamiliar with the terminology of science, and unaware of the overwhelming evidence, you may be tempted to call it just a theory. In the same sense that Relativity, as described by Einstein is a theory. The existence, structure, and dynamincs of Atoms? Atomic theory. Continental Drift, is a theory. Each of these theories is an explanation that has been confirmed to such a degree, by observation and experiment, that knowledgeable experts accept them as fact. That is what scientist mean when the use the word theory: not some dreamy and unrealistic speculation, but an explanatory statement that fits evidence.So why are there so many antievolutinists? Honest confusion and inorance, among millions of adults, may still be another reason. No one needs to, and no one should, take evolution as a matter of faith.
I would love for you, holdfasthope, to outline some of the many flaws in his theory. There are none.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote