Music Banter - View Single Post - Testament?
Thread: Testament?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 10:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
PostPsychosis666
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer
I'd say Burnt Offerings is the next IE album you should get. Alive in Athens is one the best live albums I've ever heard, so you might want to get that after Burnt Offerings.

I'm not huge on power metal, but Blind Guardian is great - you should definitely get some of that.

However in any conversation about BG and IE, it should be noted that Hansi Kursch (BG vocalist) and Jon Schaffer (IE rhythm guitarist/songwriter) collaborated with some other great musicians to form Demons & Wizards. And their self titled album is definitely worth getting - it's musicgasmic.
Agreed. Demons and Wizards rock, although i like Touched By The Crimson King (which features a badass cover of The Immagrant Song) better than self titled.
Burnt Offerings is a great reccomdantion. Its my second fav Iced Earth cd (NOTS) featuring awesome tracks like Burnt Offerings, Last December, and the truly amazing 16:26 epic that is "Dantes Inferno"

It also is the first cd featuring vocalist Matthew Barlow, The best vocalist of all time!
There's nothing I can't do
I'll rip your heart out of your chest
Watch it beat as you cry
I revel in your agony
I violate and make you die
PostPsychosis666 is offline   Reply With Quote