Music Banter - View Single Post - Hunting
Thread: Hunting
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #63 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine
Killing elephant or rhinos for tusks is something that's been going on for centuries probably. And while I know it's wrong and am firmly against poaching I can't help but think it's something of a lost cause because
1) the area is too large for someone to always surveill the entire area.
2) most reserve parks for endgangered animals aren't always beneficial tot he animal. Sure it protects them from poachers but not from it's natural predators. Case in point, cheetahs are endangered and any found in the wild are quickly put on a reserve where they are hunted down by their predators and killed anyway.
3) these animals are gonna die one way or another.
Cause you know, its not humans fault at all that alot of these animals are endangered.

Quote:
And a lot of game animals (animals that are hunted) legally are overpopulating the area, so whether they're dead bodies are used or not doesn't matter because it's one less animal we have to worry about wandering ouside a forest, into a town, and then becoming roadkill.
Two years ago, I had a teacher late to work because he hit a deer. During that same year, a ton of other people had delays because of deer crossing raods in packs at one point. You have no idea what kind of danger that can cause. Deer hunting season was plentiful that year, to say the least
Its really not that hard to avoid a deer, and it takes not even 10 seconds out of your day to stop it and let it cross the road.

Quote:
And if you guys are this much against killing animals unless you're making good use of them, I suppose yuo guys are also against zoos, aquariums and circuses as well.
Hunting an animal to kill it, is really no different than dirving an animal insane and then it just kills itself or poses a danger to itself, other ranimals and is then laid to rest as a result.
How would you feel if you saw a kid that got no pay, and was only fed but kept in a cage and forced to entertain night after night? I'm completely against animal abuse and forcing them to do that kinf of thing. And really you saying that doesn't prove anything if i'm already against it.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote