Music Banter - View Single Post - Mainstream Vs. Underground
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat yr own KID
lawl you are retarded and don't really know anything. You have a warped internet message board forum idea of what "indie" kids are like. It really baffles me how you could even type that out with a straight face. Indie music stands for independant. Bands that, for the most part, do **** on their own. Every label wants to make money but that is not their chief goal. It's apparent in the bands they sign. I don't think they're looking at those bands and go, oh man they're gonna make me a ton of money and blow up and be hella popular! Cos it doesn't happen that way.

You seem to have a distorted view of "indie" music. It's not a sound. It's not death cab for cutie. get ****ed.
I guess I'm just missing out on all the great indie bands like TV On The Radio, The Shins, The Kills, Interpol, Modest Mouse, Wolf Parade, You Will Know Us By Trail Of Dead, Guided By Voices, Built To Spill, Cursive and Von Bondies.

To me, it's just a propagonda gimmick to promote what I consider to be a very dangerious philosophy for music, and that's making crappy effortless music "just because you can".

And what makes you think I difine Indie by DCFC?... Granted they do suck ass, but I think there is far worse.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote