Music Banter - View Single Post - Does anyone here have brains?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 11:08 PM   #53 (permalink)
Autistic
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi_To_The_World
to generalize what americans listen to based on what a few members of this forum listen to is naive.
there is good music out there, past or present. i say good music is anything that can stand the test of time, as many of the groups you mentioned have. there are also those you have listed that continue to put out great music, i.e. APC, social d, sonic youth (sonic nurse, their new one, is great).
alot of people will disagree with you on this desired "new movement of rock" many people i know (including myself) are pleased to see any rock in the mainstream when compared to the overwhelming surge of hiphop which has crossed all boundaries of gender, age, and ethnicity.
besides, ppl should listen to whatever they want, regardless of popularity.
i pretty much have to aggree with everything this guy is saying. your kinda jumping the gun..
think about it this way.. you interview a classroom for their opinions on grass.. or you interview the whole school.. which do you think is more accurate..
also
i must say, you gave examples of punk bands, emo, etc.. then you say you want a rock movement..
must ask why.. wtf is wrong with rock. with all music genres there are bands that sound alike, but compare rock to punk???? then come back and tell me that rock needs a movement.
to tell you the truth, the only rock bands i can think of taht sound the same are Theory of a Deadman and Nickelback. Most rock is original, and again i gotta state that you are always going to have certain songs sound similar, or certain guitar parts have a similar beat or sound.. this is always going to happen.
last thing, seriously think about moving your first post into the Punk forum, cause it would prolly work there. to me all of todays top 10 punk bands sound the same. simple plan, sum 41, all those i get confused all the time
Autistic is offline   Reply With Quote