Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bass thread
Thread: The Bass thread
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #51 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebassistX
If bass is so dam easy to play than anyone should be able to pick up the bass and play like VIctor wooten in a couple of hours. Just cuz the bass only has 4 strings dosent mean its easier to play. The violin only has four strings is it easier to play than guitar? NO. The piano has 88 keys is it harder to play than violin? no there about the same (i know i play both) Any instrument is easy if u play only the basics of it. ie. the guitar is "easy" if u only play power chords and bass is easy if u only play the tonic.
Dont get me wrong im not trying to make the bass hard to play im just trying to get some respect for bass playing and bassist in general. Comments like "bassist are failed guitarist really pissed me off and is COMPLEYE BS. If that were true any guitarist could pick up a bass and play it at a high lvl. And yes i admit basslines are usually simpiler in songs that guitar parts but the concepts in the intruments are different so its hard to compare. However you cant say MASTERING the bass is easy. Its not like Flea got as good as he did overnight. It takes hardwork to truely master the bass. Say that mastering the bass is easy to victor wootens face and hed probably slap u hes been practicing the bass since he was 5. Even if u are a genious it takes practice.
A virtuoso (cant spell) guitarist cant pick up a bass and play like a virtuoso bassist. Yes playing guitar does help with bass but that can also be reversed.
So for u guitarist who think the bass is soo "easy" plz pick one up and start playing lke jaco i mean if ur good at guitar ur porbably master of the bass.
SO PLZ GIVE BASSIT SOME DAM RESPECT!
Man, you're a real dumbass.

I said it was easy to play, not easy to master, BIG difference.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote