Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask guys questions!!!dun dun dun...
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 05:15 AM   #360 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
wow this thread is old.

1) do guys lose interests inf riendships over periods of time?
2) what's it mean when a guy starts acting differently
3) is it possible for me to lose my male (best) friend to a girl friend (if he had one) in the sense that if he started dating how much would it effect our relationship
4) if you reject a guy (that is your friend for whatever reason) it is possible to still be friends. Right?
5) about those long awkward silences. . . . what do they really mean? or are guys just not always talkative all the time. Like I dunno how to explain it. . .

thanks MBers.
Ok, these all apply to my own experience and aren't necessarily true across the board.

1) Only if
A - The friend has started to act like a tosser and doesn't look like stopping.
B - The friend or you have moved away from each other, so that you can't really hang out with them. If you can't do things with your friend so much then other friendships will start to become more interesting.

2) People alway 'act differently' that question is vague and is consequently useless.

3) If you mean that, if the relationship goes well, then his girlfriend will usurp you as his best female friend then YES. If you mean losing him as a friend entirely then probably NO, unless you yourself start acting annoying.

4) Yes.

5) Most guys don't have the same urge to talk constantly that a lot of women have. A lot of talking tires us out and sometimes we prefer just to sit around with our friends and not talk. If there is an 'awkward silence' then that means that you must not be talking too. If this is happening a lot then maybe it means you have lost whatever it was the two of you were talking about.

Oooh, wait, interesting thought I just had...
Just throwing an idea out here and this idea revolves around some assumptions, but maybe if your friend was interested in you then a lot of the conversations were based around what YOU were interested in. Maybe he gave precendence to the conversations topics that YOU started. You'd tend to do this if you had a crush on somebody.

If you've turned him down, then maybe he doesn't feel quite so interested in basing the conversations around your interests all of the time and maybe this leads to the awkward silences, when he doesn't really want to talk about your interests and you don't really know what he likes talking about, because the conversations have never really been about what he's interested in.

Just an idea, doesn't come from experience of romantic relationships, or failed attempts at them, but rather from friends that have annoyed me, their relationships and other observations like that.

****, that was long-winded.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote