Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #1974 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

(in reference to Urban and Oojay's posts)
Well, looking at those two I get the feeling that (I've I've judged it correctly, which maybe I haven't) that Galloway does tend to go in the right direction, in terms of what he's trying to achieve, but goes about it in an often extremely clumsy way.

Galloway wasn't responsible for supporting Saddam's regime in the 1980's, the UK and US governments did that. Then, when our governments decide they don't want to be associated with the regime and impose sanctions instead, Galloway is the one who goes over to start a dialogue to try to improve the situation. Well, that's one way of looking at it at least.

If you take it in this way, the main problem with Galloway is that whatever he tries to do, he tends to **** it up because he's not the most subtle or tactful guy. When he tries tact, he only makes it worse (with quotes such as the 'naming their babies after you' one).
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote