Music Banter - View Single Post - Cosmo Kramer makes an ass out of himself.
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #163 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHYMEFESTkillah View Post
I don't know man, but this thread is for people who want to discuss it. If you don't have anything more thought out to say and/or don't care, don't post. No one is forcing you to.
finally a post of yours i can agree wholeheartedly with

The bottom line is, for me, racism in its most basic form is any kind of derrogatory or driscriminatory actions based on race. I do agree that when one racial group goes to the extreme of exerting control over another race that it is more serious than someone shouting a racial slur, but they're both different forms of racism. historically, racism has been used by MANY different races to put minority groups in a place of extortion and submission. China did it with Tibet, Iraq did it with the kurds, turkey did it with armenia, ethiopia and eritrea were locked in a racial war for years, rwanda committed one of the most autrocious racial genocides in history. in no way is this kind of racism reserved for whites, and it's absurd to say it is.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote