Music Banter - View Single Post - Saddam Hangs
Thread: Saddam Hangs
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #44 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I don`t think it makes any difference whatsoever.
The Americans will use it as an example of how they are doing good in the world. His supporters will use it to make him a martyr.
But thats basically whats been happening ever since he was captured.

Either way , the truth is that Saddam has been a red herring ever since the Iraq army was found out to be nowhere near as powerful as he had claimed and everybody had guessed since the first gulf war.
Before that he was a real threat to his neighbours. After that the best he could manage was by bluffing to UN weapons inspectors about his weapons capabilities and by playing to the worlds suspicions about what he actually had.
His death won`t mean a thing.
I concur.
At 10 last night, on Fox News, they were displaying the hanging as "Breaking News".
This of course, is a bunch of shit.
After the United States, global policeman, captured him from Iraq, the world knew that he was basically non-existant from then on.
Even though I don't agree with the hanging, it technically was not done by the U.S., so it's not completely distasteful.
His death doesn't matter much though, he was either going to die in Iraq or rot in a United States federal prison for the rest of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamagarmr View Post
saddamn killed people, because they tried to kill him amiright, so then people killed him because he killed people, so now its just going to cycle endlesly
But that's pretty much the controversy of the death penalty, now isn't it?