Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Sux More? NickleBack or Puddle Of Mudd
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #80 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
if by missed you meant didn't highlight when he copy and pasted it, then I'll agree.
Even though you will most certainly turn this around and start attacking me for no real reason, that was pwnage.

I've seen the same exact words and everything quoted by other fanatical Zep haters, so not only are they doing what they accuse Zep of doing, they're merely using some aforementioned allegations that they haven't even bothered to do background checks on to justify their misinformed opinions... I can honestly say that I have visited the majority of Anti-Zeppelin sites to do my own research on the matter, I can confirm that the majority of claims are based on distorted facts and ones own personal opinions about songs that "kinda" sound "sort of alike", rather than anything worthy of a valid argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
$20 proverbial dollars says you've never heard half of the "originals.
Because if you did you would come to find that most of the allegations of plagiarism are incredibly exagerated.

The STH opening being a ripoff of Spirits "Taurus" thing is one paticular example of pure bullsh*t... It's barely even the same chord progression, let alone sounding even remotely similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRaidDog
I don't know why I keep defending bands I don't care for this much, but im not going to allow the condemnation of a band for the same sin everyone else makes.
Most of the artists Zep are accused of stealing from are blues artists, who make a habit out of plagiarising other works in their own right, and it only increases the irony level that many of Zeppelins critics are blues purists... It's all about double standards.

Ethan, I like you and all, but your arguments on this matter is beginning to annoy the hell out of me, that is to say if they even qualify as arguments at all, since what you're really doing is little more than saying "OMG they f*cking suck" and "What that guy says is TROOF", oh well thats just me, I have an overall problem with emo fans calling anything "cliche".

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 01-04-2007 at 10:57 AM.