Music Banter - View Single Post - Friendships
Thread: Friendships
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Default Friendships

I may come off as a total bastard with this thread, but I'm in a rotten mood anyway so who cares right? Anyway, I was just thinking the other day that friends can be a total pain in the ass. Now, as you all know ( or should know by now ), I am virtually friendless, except for one girlfriend that I more or less have just for the sake of it. There is no logical reason why hanging out with her or maintaining contact should be such a strain, she's smart and funny, but it seems like more of an obligation than a pleasure. I haven't yet concluded if I'm simply a lazy bastard, seriously anti-social or have simply yet to find someone ( in real life that is ) that is fully compatible with me. She's basically the one that seeks out contact with me, and I have to say that I don't miss it the least bit.

Does anyone else think human contact is overrated? Because I do, which is why the internet is perfect for me, I speak to who I want to, whenever I want to...although I have noticed my social skills seem to be lacking as of late, I've always hated small talk, but now it seems like I can't even answer a simple " how've you been" without embarrassing myself or totally blocking...sure, I can say "fine, fine, thanks" but then the black hole of awkward silence sets in and I wish Scotty finally hears my plead and beams me the fuck out.

Why this need for social contact? Are human being really that pathetic that they need constant interaction so as not to feel alone and , I dunno, face their fears or summink? Silence is seriously under appreciated...

How many friends do you have? Is that enough, too little, do you care? How do you find maintaining those friendships, a strain or a pleasure?

Last.fm

Last edited by adidasss; 01-10-2007 at 05:10 PM.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote