Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic albums any true music fan should own or at least listen to
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #192 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

See I think that Pavement's lo-fi sound in combination with their poor production sound is what really made them stand out in the beginning as a new unique sound. That low quality sound is the characteristic that a lot of the bands were influenced by them emulated. So losing that sound is like losing part of their idiosyncrasy. I agree that the lyrics are still very similar, I just think between the two sounds Slanted and Enchanted had the more unique and influential sound.

It did have a good chunk of that Nick Drakeness air in it, especially in the large font quotations on each page. But I guess you have to figure they have to get people to read it somehow, and for those who don't know her they need to shout, depression and alcoholism, to get the readers attention. I agree it's not the most amazing article ever, but they could of misrepresented her much more than they did, she is on the cover of the magazine and has an 8 page spread, which is pretty impressive. I mean if you like her, I still would read it.