Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #256 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Jane
Why do you hate Lou Reed so much as a singer? Is it because of the spoken word style? I really like that, they were one of the original bands to do that, not to mention one of the original rock and roll bands. They had a style no-one had quite done before, and a very strong set of songs that are popular even today.
I'm not really into Nico but I thought that was a great album. I certainly don't think The Velvet Underground are overrated, not just because I like them, I like Franz Ferdinand and I still know they are, but I just can't see where they fall down. They weren't even that commercial a band until Andy Warhol got involved, even then I don't think the music quality became below par.
Are you kidding me? The critics blow VU all the friggen time. The record store I work at they are considered nearly essential. They are the indie Hendrix/Zeppelin in so far as everyone likes something (in the indie world)

The problem with this post is people are facotring in personal taste all around. Just because you hate them doesn't mean there highly rated. Whatever jackass said any modern rock band cleary is just ranting and not listing bands that are rated highly anywhere.