Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #2877 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsedToolguy View Post
U ever wonder why a lot of preachers don't seem like very good people. Well they're not. A lot of organized religion is big business. If u want to read an eye-opening perspective on Christianity read 'You Are Being Lied To' by Noam Chomsky and other alt. media writers. It looks in a very factual way at how to break down a lot of the myths you read in the bible.
Basing your entire idea of preachers or pastors on the actions of a select few is ignorant. I agree that some organized religion has grown to be a business, rather than a way to practice your faith, and that saddens me, but for every snake oiler out there, there are a dozen good, honest men of god who want nothing more than to spread the gospel. I've been to small country churches and also huge congregations of several hundred member and I personally prefer the small, close-knit churches myself, but thats not to say that there is something wrong with a church having a large congregation. The more people that hear the word of God, the better. And while there are alot of scam artists out there, most pastors/churches are not. Taking up an offering is essential for most churches. It keeps the lights on, pays the gas bill, and (in the churches I've attended) goes to help less fortunate families or those starving oversas

Edit: shout out to ya for reppin MO boi. We gotsta represent.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote