Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #2878 (permalink)
TheUsedToolguy
Account Disabled

oojay doing the organized religion thing, huh?
hey man, I'll be praying for ya, but not in a church
actually I wouldn't mind going to church, maybe it's a lot different where u are, but I can honestly say that around here, pretty much every church I go to, there is a pastor that gets up and tells u how to live your life. I would love to go to a simple praise service, but the one I have in town here for some reason has people working there full time. That's bcuz some churches receive thousands and thousands of dollars every week in donations and charity. If I'm being too judgmental by questioning someone's ethics who sits around in a church all day fielding phone calls for how much $ someone wants to send them (what else would they be doing, working @ church), then maybe I should repent, and trust me, I don't go to church for that either. I'm a very spiritual person who believes in God, and feels very comfortable worshipping him from the confines of my own home, and where ever he takes me throughout the course of my day, without having some preacher send me out on a guilt trip, when I feel like I'm a pretty honest, decent person to begin w/. If you fear the wrath of God, so much that's understandable, but don't get it twisted w/ the authorities in your community wanting to strike fear into you. That's how I view a lot of organized religion. The pastor basically makes himself out to be God. It's so sad that we've become so immoral we have to resort to fear tactics to get people to come to church, and even more sad that people buy into that brainwashing propaganda. Admit it, anyone who goes to church, you fear the judgments of the people in your own community for not going to church more than you fear the wrath of God. Again, this may not be true where you live, but would certainly be true for my area of the U.S.-the midwest. (I.E.-bible belt)

Last edited by TheUsedToolguy; 02-20-2007 at 10:06 PM.
TheUsedToolguy is offline   Reply With Quote