Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #2894 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUsedToolguy View Post
I find it hard to believe you could have already weighed all the options. I'm 26, and I feel like life is a lifelong spiritual journey. 10 years from now, I could be a Christian, a Muslim, a Wiccan, anything. Hey, if you really have weighed all the options, then that's cool, but somehow I just don't believe it. As much as I've read the Bible and have seen several parts that contradict each other, and have read stories in it that make it sound like it was written by Timothy Leary, I'm OK w/ it, as long as people don't use it as a tool for hate and discrimination, and sadly that's what I see a lot of 'Christians' doing these days.
My religious beliefs are extremely important to me. While I was raised in a pentacostal church, I have also done much research on other religions and ideologies. I have friends that are Muslim, Athiest, Wiccan, etc. While I disagree with their beliefs, they have the right to believe in whatever they choose. And as far as people "using the Bible for hate," I assume that you're referring to the "hate" of homosexuality. While many base their disagreeance, and in some cases hate, of homosexuals on the bible, most do not.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote