Music Banter - View Single Post - lol @ bad grindcore
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #58 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyat_thesix View Post
First off, I actually have two years of music theory under my belt; granted, that's a drop in the bucket, but it's better than nothing. Second, I am one-hundred percent positive that I listen to a greater variety of music than anyone on this board; the majority of the people I have encountered (including yourself) are locked into a handful of genres and are convinced they are the greatest. I, however, do not venture deeply into any one genre, but rather explore about seventy-five percent of all of them. I will admit that I do not know everything about death metal, or metalcore, or the hybrids in between, but I will not concede that AtG is 'not even close to being a metalcore band'. That is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. Third, your misunderstanding of the English language isn't my fault.
1. Congrats, use it then.

2. I really couldn't care less. It's a pointless arguement. If you want to know what I jam, my last.fm link is my signature.

3. You're on the internet. Inflection, sarcasm, etc are hard to pick up on. And it obviously wasn't only my "misunderstanding". Plus the fact that you do not think they aren't at all a non-metalcore band highlights you're lack of use of theory when analyzing what you're hearing.