Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Olsonic
Groupie

1. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven The first Tape i ever got. I got a yellow walkman for christmas, and Eric's unplugged tape. Repeat central for months.. great music. I started to associate music to feelings when i heard about the story behind this song.

2. 2Pac - Changes
Growing up, music was in the backseat to sports. But I remember exactly where I was when I heard changes for the first time on my friends winamp (back in the day when when mp3s were e-mailed via Bot in an AOL chatroom lol) I was floored. It was the first time I got the chills, as I am accustumed to feeling since then when I hear a "gem".. I was a virgin music fiend until then

3. Primitive Radio Gods - Standing outside a Broken phone booth with money in my hand Right about the time I heard changes, I immediately learned how to make mp3's from CDs. I went to the library and grabbed anything that looked interesting.. and I found this gem that was on repeat for a few weeks

4. Nirvana - All Apologies
Another song I found at the public library.

5. U2 - Where the Streets have no name
This song was the audio to hockey tapes I used to worship growing up.

6. Eminem - The Way I am
This album made me a different musician. The combination of lyrics and beat made think deeper about what I was listening to. Although my interest in Eminem has faded, this song was important to me.

7. Platoon - Adagio for Strings
I don't know the name of the infinite classical pieces I listened to growing up, but this one as stuck with me. Beautiful.

8. Billy Joel - Piano Man
high school friends for life getting ****faced and singing this song.

9. Royksopp - What else is there (Thin white duke remix)
o.k. im jumping ahead because I only have two more selections.. This is College for me.. this semester.. party central. senior year.. beers, drugs, girls..

10. The Killers - Read My Mind (Pet shop boyz remix)
The song that is getting me through the boring times lately...

These songs are not my favorite of all time, but are important songs to me.. which is the point of this thread, right?