Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
enemyat_thesix
Bancount: 3 ^_______^

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

1. They Write Books About This Sort of Thing - Say Hi to Your Mom

This song pretty much painted my ideal portrait of love, and a relationship based thereon. I listen to it whenever I'm feeling blue, or hopeful.

2. Slowly - M83

'Slowly' is one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded, in my opinion. Honestly, I could list any of M83's songs, but this was the one that got me into them. There is nothing like lying on my bed with my eyes closed, listening to M83 loud; it is truly a religious experience for me.

3. The Story of Nothing - The Aquabats

This is basically the story of my life, love-wise. I tend to stick to the shadows, remaining invisible, if you will--for good or ill.

4. Fire Fighter - Ghost Mice

Ghost Mice's best song in my opinion. It is the angst of youth, that sinking feeling in your stomach when your friends change, and that sudden isolation you feel when you realize you're growing up, and things aren't how you thought they'd be.

5. Love Is Like Jazz - The Magnetic Fields

Love and relationships are confusing, plain and simple. No one's said it better than the Fields.

6. In A Sweater, Poorly Knit - mewithoutYou

Brother, Sister had just been released when I went through a breakup, and this song's eloquence struck me. While the song is intended to address the rationalization of faith, I interpreted it on a personal level: I had gone into the relationship promising myself I wouldn't get hurt, but sure enough, I did.

"The trap I set for you seems to have caught my leg instead."

7. The Fix - Minus the Bear

This is youth; this is happiness; this is sunshine and breaking the speed limit. This is life.

8. Everything Sucks - Reel Big Fish

I'm a pretty cynical person, and this song just reminds me that everyone goes through crap; we all just have to suck it up and hope tomorrow will be better.

9. This Is More - Stick to Your Guns

This epic monster of a song summarizes my commitment to the straight-edge lifestyle, and features the best breakdown of all time, period.

10. Wake Up - The Arcade Fire

"But now that I'm older,
my heart's colder,
and I can see that it's a lie."

The song that bred my love for indie, 'Wake Up' is one of the most powerful pieces of music ever written.

"If the children don't grow up,
our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
We're just a million little god's causin' rain storms, turnin' every good thing to rust."

Possibly my favorite lyrics of any song, ever.

(The songs aren't in order on the mix; I just directly copy+pasted them from their respective folders. Great thread man. My favorite of all MB thus far.)
www.myspace.com/arqon
www.myspace.com/xlaststrawx
enemyat_thesix is offline   Reply With Quote