Music Banter - View Single Post - Trying to Find Non-Satanic Rock
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #123 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
The Unfan, you have some good theories, but you really can't "prove" that God is anything at all.
Thats sort of what happens when God isn't anything at all.

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that they either exist or not,
I would have never guessed that.
Quote:
and beyond that, every idea used in your logic, let alone the words themselves could all be warped creations of some reality that lies outside of our lives manufactured by this entity.
The English language was created by humans. Research some history.

Quote:
As long as you're in a cage, you can never really know your captor; as long as the laws and boundaries of this world apply to you, there is no possible way you could begin to define what limits apply to something in a different setting, let alone one that you haven't explored, seen, heard of, or conceived.
I can define the limits of both God and (a) god. In fact, my last post was dedicated to just that. Please read it before posting back with your nonsense.

If those different settings are based on illogical fantasy based ideas than you're correct. However, the writer of said piece of fiction can define those traits. If those said settings are realistically plausible than logic, rationale, and fact can define them just fine. The human mind is capable of functioning with rationality, knowledge, and common sense and thus can reason out that setting.

Quote:
But hell, you sure could give this aforementioned diety a run for their money in semantics.
Yeah, that happens when you're a god twice.