Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Satan loves you more than Jesus.
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 06:14 AM   #49 (permalink)
covle
Music Addict

i do not believe in religion perse`. if you were to ask me, god is dead. in the old testaments he appeared frequently. but as time progressed he is described as older and older and weaker physically, if thats possible for a god. then he stops altogether. his son is sent, and inevitably killed. religion for me is a rich story. and though it has it worths which i am not blind enough to miss, it is not agreeable to me.
i do not however believe that it is over with death. sure when at ym sceptical peak i can, but not when i think about it. every single civilisation prior to ours was based on some form of afterlife. and these civilisations in many ways were a lot more advanced. the ancient greeks and their political structures. the ancient mayans and their unbelievable calculations that could predict where a star would sit in the sky in hundreds of years. calculations that today would use over 5 fields of maths and science.
also throughout history there are many odd occurances. the same "gods" descirbed in the same ways by different peoples of different times and lands. staying with the mayan theme, Itzamna, a giant bird-like lizard standing 7ft tall opposed to blood sacrifices who "came from the stars" is depicted exactly the same way in a number of other civilisations. for example the aztecs.
there is a lot of unexplained happenings throughout history. different people fill them in various ways. religions often supply meaning and reason to such times.

whoa...i quoted atreyu, that means im hardcore. look how hardcore i am!! thats hardcore...XXX