Music Banter - View Single Post - Virginia Tech shootings
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #56 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdyoualways View Post
GOD i love stephen king!
this whole thing is pretty much getting blown into a hugh media spectical which, if this killer dude was alive, is exactly what he wouldve wanted, he wanted to make a name for himself & make himself recognized
did anybody see the news where they were showing all the lovely photos of him showing off his guns & videos of himself talking about murdering all the people & referring to himself as jesus?
that was all complete bullshit & really dumb on the networks part to air all that
obviously if this guy got his idea from columbine, some other deeply disturbed person is gonna see those lovely videos & photos & hear about what he did & think "what a great idea!"
i just think people are focussing too much on giving this guy publicity instead of focussing on the 32 people who this maniac murdered
I personally agree with everything you just said, but sadly I find what you said unrealistic as well (except the part about King, his article was pretty sweet). I think a good 90% of the population realizes that Cho was an insane physcokiller who deserves death and shouldn't have his message spread. But people's curiosity is too strong, and the news is too desperate for ratings. The incident was terrible, but it's going to happen again no matter what legislation is put in place or how the media portrays Cho. In my opinion we should just refer to Cho as an "it" or "killer" and not dignify him with a name, but society will just not accept that as a feasible way of dealing with this situation.