Music Banter - View Single Post - Virginia Tech shootings
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
holdyoualways
Elevator to the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
I personally agree with everything you just said, but sadly I find what you said unrealistic as well (except the part about King, his article was pretty sweet). I think a good 90% of the population realizes that Cho was an insane physcokiller who deserves death and shouldn't have his message spread. But people's curiosity is too strong, and the news is too desperate for ratings. The incident was terrible, but it's going to happen again no matter what legislation is put in place or how the media portrays Cho. In my opinion we should just refer to Cho as an "it" or "killer" and not dignify him with a name, but society will just not accept that as a feasible way of dealing with this situation.
in my opinion, i think people classifying him as clinically insane is a crock of bull
im no psychologist, but i highly doubt someone whos completely bonkers could maticulously plan something like this, especially considering he bought the guns several months in advance & obviously had the time to record himself on video & take such lovely pictures of himself & send them to nbc in between shootings
obviously this guys tree didnt go to the top branch, but i think people are giving him a break & a half calling him insane
he was just a pissed off kid who got picked on one too many times
& apparently in one of his videos he referred to the kids at v-tech being "spoiled brats" with fancy cars & money & drugs & all that
& the reason he had righteous indignation about that would be because his poor sister couldnt afford to get into harvard so she had to "settle" for princeton
whatever man, this countrys attention span for news is about 5 seconds
last week its don imus, this week is this guy, next week itll be something else