Music Banter - View Single Post - Virginia Tech shootings
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #60 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdyoualways View Post
in my opinion, i think people classifying him as clinically insane is a crock of bull
im no psychologist, but i highly doubt someone whos completely bonkers could maticulously plan something like this, especially considering he bought the guns several months in advance & obviously had the time to record himself on video & take such lovely pictures of himself & send them to nbc in between shootings
obviously this guys tree didnt go to the top branch, but i think people are giving him a break & a half calling him insane
he was just a pissed off kid who got picked on one too many times
& apparently in one of his videos he referred to the kids at v-tech being "spoiled brats" with fancy cars & money & drugs & all that
& the reason he had righteous indignation about that would be because his poor sister couldnt afford to get into harvard so she had to "settle" for princeton
whatever man, this countrys attention span for news is about 5 seconds
last week its don imus, this week is this guy, next week itll be something else
Inase and mentally ill are very different issues. Your right that an insane person couldn't plan this, but a mentally ill person in a maniac condition easily could. They are often extremely intelligent and calm, but when their illness is triggered they are prone to sadistic outbreaks were destroying what is bothering you makes perfect since.

Mania allows logic to be twisted and distorted like his obviously was, he really did believe that he was right in his vengeance of rich kids. However he should know how to control the mania by now and not feed into the voices in his head that convinced him he was in the "right."

I don't think this will drift away quickly, this is one of those events that go in your history book.